Syncing with QuickBooks
Before exporting your invoice data to QuickBooks you will need to establish a connection between TestVault and QuickBooks. Once this is done you will be able to periodically send updated invoices to QuickBooks with the click of a button. Follow the instructions below to setup your connection to QuickBooks and send your updated invoices.
Step 1. Connecting to QuickBooks
- Click “Preferences” from the main navigation.
- Scroll down and click “Connect to QuickBooks.”
- Sign in to Intuit to authorize TestVault to connect to QuickBooks via Intuit Sync Manager. If you haven’t already set this up you can find instructions here: Intuit Sync Manager.
Step 2. Send updated invoices to QuickBooks
- Once QuickBooks is setup, a couple of changes will appear in the “Billing” section in the main navigation.
- A new button, “Export to QuickBooks,” will appear next to the invoice buttons in “Billing.”
- Your QuickBooks service items will be added to the “Items” list in “Rules” in the price schedule. This will allow you to map different test types in TestVault to the accounts you use in QuickBooks.
- Whenever you want to send your updated invoices to QuickBooks you can simply click the “Export to QuickBooks” button in the “Billing” section.
Please note that TestVault can only sync invoices with QuickBooks which meet the following criteria:
- The invoice can be $0, but it must have at least one line item.
- The invoice must have a due date. This date is set automatically once you send the invoice. If you don’t want or need to send it then just set one manually.
- The invoice must have service items assigned to each of the line items.
- The invoice needs to have never been synced with QuickBooks or have been changed since the last time it was synced.