Scheduling repeated random selections
Follow the link to see how to perform a random selection. In order to schedule repeated random selections, edit the fields in the “Schedule Details” section of the page for that random selection. Follow these steps to configure a random selection that repeats on a quarterly basis.
Step 1. Configure when the random should repeat
- If you would like the random to repeat quarterly you can choose “Monthly” for the “Repeats” field.
- Choose “3” for the “Repeats Every N Months” field to setup a quarterly schedule.
- You can setup the random to repeat either on a particular day of the week or month (for example, the second Tuesday, or the 9th of Monday).
- If you want to edit the schedule for the repeated random selection go to “Schedule” from the main navigation, click on the specific repeated random selection, and click the “Details” tab.
- Click “Save” and then refresh the web browser to create the incident for the random selection.
Note: For a repeated random selection, the number or percentage of donors is for the entire year. For example, if a random selection was scheduled to repeat every quarter, and “20” was entered as the random selection percentage, the percentage for the quarterly random selection would be 5%. So in this case, for an eligible donor list of 20 people, 1 person would be tested every quarter. Also, that person would be randomly selected each quarter, taking into account any possible employee roster changes in between random selections.