Importing a list of your clients
If you are new to TestVault it may be easier to import a list of all of your existing clients rather than entering them manually into TestVault. You can do this by uploading the list as a spreadsheet. Follow these steps to import your client list.
Step 1. Download the current list of companies
- Click “Groups” from the main navigation.
- Click the “Import Companies” button.
- Click on the “Existing Roster” link to download a spreadsheet (in CSV format) containing the current list of companies in TestVault. If there are no existing clients the spreadsheet will still contain the format necessary to enter your client list.
Step 2. Prepare the spreadsheet
- Use the spreadsheet you downloaded in the previous step as a guide for preparing the current list of clients. On each row, the leftmost column should contain the name of the client, collection facility, lab, or MRO that you are adding.
- Make sure to save the file in CSV format.
Step 3. Upload your company list
- Go back to the page where you downloaded the company list spreadsheet in Step 1.
- Click the “Browse” button, and select the CSV file you prepared with your companies.
- Finally, click “Save” to upload the list to TestVault.
- Initially, you won’t see any changes to the company list as TestVault does the import in the background so that you can go on to your other tasks. As soon as it’s done, you’ll receive an email update letting you know if there were any errors or telling you how many rows were imported.
- Click on “Groups” to view your updated client list.